07 June 2009

The secret to getting the party started


Everyone wants to get their groove on at a reception, but sometimes it can be hard to get the ball rollin. A baller DJ to feel out the crowd is key, and a good playlist goes without saying, but my number one secret weapon to a party where everyone gets their swerve on is a dancefloor that makes you want to dance on it.

There are so many different kinds out there too. From interactive led (DMX style) to mirrored, to floating (over a pool) to just plain lit. You could even just throw a handful of glitter and put some plexiglass on top. Is there any way you would not want to dance on these?
pic from Disco Heaven

2 comments:

Authoritaters said...

Heya Gangsta Bride!

Thanks for checking out me bloggie, I watched Project Runway too when Christian was on, he worked real hard, though my personal choice was the guy before him, the guy who liked to mix rock n roll n 'Gwen Stefani'-esque style, but it's nice to be compared to well known name(he interned for Vivienne Westwood, Christian I mean!)

Just a question, how did you get the idea of starting out a blog on alternative wedding-related things?

Holla me back 'cause I'll have some piping new images posted!

Brandy said...

Dancing is the key to a good time! Nothing is sadder than an empty dance floor.